If you're just entering the City as a resident or long-term visitor, these are a couple things you can do to get acquainted.
- Go to the Detroit Public Library and get a card
- Hang out in the Detroit Institute of Arts
- Visit La Gloria
- Visit city bird and get some postcards
- Make contact with the local Detroitcouchsurfing group, Couchsurfers are more open and trusting that normal, and make new people welcome,
- Volunteer to help with TEDxDetroit TEDx-ers are open minded and love sharing ideas.
- Volunteer for things that you love doing. There are loads of organisations that would love to have you involved